Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Breastfeeding DD 15 months and no periods

(4 Posts)
Helgathehairy Mon 17-Nov-14 12:18:24

I wasn't sure where to post this.

I'm still breastfeeding 15 month old DD. Only twice really during the day now and between 3-10 times at night. 10 is probably an exaggeration but she has reflux and sometimes it's the only thing that stops her screaming. She's on medication and has improved a lot so 3 is probably average. I'm planning on trying to night wean in a few weeks when DH has a week off.

My problem is my periods still aren't back. They were always a bit irregular to the point I was tested for pcos but the scan was clear.

I'm not planning on going to the doctor yet as I'm sure they will put it down to breastfeeding but I'm wondering if this has happened to anyone else?

I'd quite like to start TTC again as it took 15 months to TTC DD

FayFajericalFudgeFace Tue 18-Nov-14 08:23:34

Hi OP, I conceived DC2 while breastfeeding DC1 who was 18months ish - but my periods had come back around 9 months when I stopped night feeds. If you're going to be doing that soon, I'd give it a couple of months to see if you get your period, then go to the GP if not.

Also, somewhere in the Conception topic there's a thread for ladies TTC while breastfeeding, they might have some better advice than I do!

DefiniteMaybe Tue 18-Nov-14 08:27:00

My periods came back at 18 months with dd1 she was still feeding at night then. We weren't actively trying to conceive but weren't not trying but didn't conceive dd2 until I'd stopped feeding dd at 28 months.

Helgathehairy Tue 18-Nov-14 16:45:49

Thanks.

I'll give a look for that thread.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now