Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

TTC norethisterone for hols?

(4 Posts)
SpaceMonkey81 Sun 26-Oct-14 23:47:30

Hi. Havin real dilemma here. Go on hols 18dec.my periods r pretty regular & I'm due in 1st week we r there. I was goin to take norethisterone to delay my period now for a week so it moves dates forward for December? Then I might still ovulate/have normal cycle on hols or soon after? Didn't want to take them when on hols cos feel it's a good time to make a baby(been trying for a while since ectopic). Any ideas??

Boysandme Mon 27-Oct-14 22:51:28

Sounds possible. Don't know if you've taken them before but first period afterwards is often rather nasty.

inconceivableme Mon 27-Oct-14 23:34:23

I'd avoid norethisterone completely unless totally unavoidable. Only taken it once and made me feel murderous. Awful, awful stuff.

SpaceMonkey81 Mon 03-Nov-14 20:24:39

Well iv taken it! Thanks for comments. I'm feeling 'murderous' as expected & anticipating period from hell by end of week.....just hope it's worth it& period comes later in dec. goin to hide in bed now before crime is committed on loved ones! X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now