Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Period disappeared immediately after Mirena fitting?

(4 Posts)
ShelaghTurner Sat 21-Jun-14 11:06:11

Had it fitted on Thurs. Period was definitely on its way although not yet totally arrived. Should add I am ridiculously regular down to the hour almost! So was expecting full steam ahead but since then absolutely nothing. What there was has completely gone. Have had all the pre-fitting checks and DH has been ill this last month so definitely not pregnant just a little confused. Has anyone else had this?

ParadoxicalCat Wed 09-Jul-14 19:37:48

I see you've not had any responses, which is a shame. I've had something similar where I had the coil put in just after my period and not bled since. I would have thought that once the process has started, it would carry on. Have you bled since posting?

RevealTheHiddenBeach Thu 06-Aug-15 08:47:52

mine also disappeared instantly. had my merina in for over a year now and have had very occasional spotting and or breast soreness, other than that no indication of where I might be in my cycle. if the checks say its all there I wouldn't worry!

CupcakesRule Tue 08-Mar-16 18:11:30

Any updates on these as I'm having exact same issue.

Period had just showed up about 1hr being mirena coil was fitted and now no bleeding! Surely it doesn't work that quickly??! hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now