Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Copper coil experiences

(2 Posts)
Canihaveonemoreslice Thu 15-May-14 23:15:01

Hi. I'm trying to find suitable contraceptive as I realise my withdrawal method is probably risky.
Problem is I don't like the feel of condoms and I've tried the pill, mini pill and injections but all give me monthly debilitating migraines. So I guess I need something that isn't hormone based.
The one option is the copper coil. Can anyone share their stories to help me decide? I have no idea what other contraceptive to use otherwise.

stella69x Thu 15-May-14 23:35:28

I had one fitted many years ago as I was crisp with taking the pill so it was done as emergency contraception with the benefit of long term contraception on my instance. I didn't have any problems related to it, for example heavier periods as I am a light bleeder any way.
I did have it exchanged however for a mirina after 12-18 months as I am better with hormones. (Without I am a bitch for 2 weeks a month)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now