Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

late 30s - help me to chose contreption (currently NFP)

(4 Posts)
sunnyfriday Sat 11-Jan-14 07:20:09

after two pregancy scares, I want to move on from condoms and NFP to something safer. I am 38 now.

I was on the pill years back and it made me feel horrible (moody, migranes etc) so I rule that out. DP won't have the snip.

I really don't know what to chose. I want as little side effects as possible.

I talked to GP but she was not much help.

Honeydukes Sat 11-Jan-14 13:09:33

Copper coil if you could cope with the heavier periods? Often it's just a case of trial and error because everyone reacts differently.

TwittyMcTwitterson Tue 04-Feb-14 20:52:42

Is the mini pill counted in that? What about a diaphragm? Is that how you spell it? I know a lady who hated hormonal contraception and swore by using her monthly cycle and a diaphragm when she could conceive. She swore by it grin

TheFuzz Wed 05-Feb-14 09:27:27

Take a good look at all options.

I personally wouldn't recommend surgery to either of you, giving my experience with the 'snip'. It's ruined our sex life and I'm still in considerable pain following additional surgery. Looking likely I'll lose at least one testicle, maybe the other in time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now