Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Cerazette and anxiety does it settle down?

(7 Posts)
RollerCola Mon 30-Dec-13 21:21:57

I've been taking Cerazette for 3 weeks and have become increasingly anxious and panicky. I only put the two things together after googling today and realising how many others suffer bad moods on it.

Is it likely to settle down or should I change pill? I've been on Microgynon and Noriday beg

RollerCola Mon 30-Dec-13 21:24:19

oops sorry

Noriday before (7-10 yrs ago) and as far as I remember they were ok, but the dr said that Cerazette was a newer POP with a 12 hr window so I said I'd give it a try.

Today has been awful, I've been really panicky for no reason. I don't think I can put up with it much longer if indeed it's caused by the pill and it doesn't settle.

ChristmasJumperWearer Mon 30-Dec-13 21:27:23

I don't know about anxiety/panic but Cerazette made me very depressed. The change back to "normal" me when I stopped taking it (suggested by my GP when I went to see her about my depression) was almost instant.

Can you see your GP soon?

Mumraathenoisylion Mon 30-Dec-13 21:27:33

I would change ASAP. I've had terrible experiences with microgynon and cerazette, mood swings, palpitations and depression.

The yasmin pill seemed to be better for me but with a history of heart disease in my family I started to worry and stopped taking it. I think different pills work for different people but if I were feeling anxious like you say I would absolutely stop.

RollerCola Tue 31-Dec-13 08:22:32

Thanks for your replies, I've woken up this morning and can already feel the panic. I shouldn't feel like this, my life is currently better than it's been in a long time so I have no reason to feel anything other than happy and relaxed.

I'm going to stop taking it but am just now worried about what to try instead. Is there something about Cerazette in particular that causes this? I can't take the combined pill because of migraines and my age so would prefer the mini pill. Are the others any better? Should I consider coils or other alternatives? I'm nervous of getting stuck with something hormonal if it doesn't suit me.

Ememem84 Fri 03-Jan-14 22:26:44

Really glad I came across this. Have been on cerazette now for 3 months. And have been feeling increasingly more anxious and depressed. Want to switch back to old pill cilest. Appointment with gp on weds.

Dh can't take any more if it. I can't deal with this version of me. She's a nightmare.

Started feeling not myself after a month. But persevered as had heard good things about cerazette. My opinion is that it's just not worth it. 3 months 5 panic attacks 4 teary breakdowns at work and 2 humongous fights with dh. Not worth it at all.

MissBattleaxe Thu 06-Feb-14 16:52:09

This is a revelation to me. I have long thought that being a mother made me moody and stressy and gave me feeling of being rubbish at it. I'm now wondering if its's the fact I have been on Cerazette for so long. I wasn't like this before I was on Cerazette. I often feel some bitchy old cow is operating the controls instead of my old lovely self.

I tried anti Ds but they made me feel like a zombie. I'm seriously starting to wonder if Cerazette is making me a crabby cow with mood swings.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now