Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Contraception advice needed!

(3 Posts)
MBDBBB Thu 09-May-13 14:49:50

Having just had my second child I am looking into contraception options. I was on the pill (cilest) years ago before having my son, but between having him and my daughter we used condoms. I have a very irregular cycle (ranging between 5 and 8 weeks) which can be annoying! When I went to the doctors for my 6 week check post birth I got a pill prescription as I thought I would stick with what I know although he did suggest thinking about other methods of contraception. I haven't started taking the pill yet as my husband is currently away, but before I do I wanted to see what people thought about the various methods. Not too keen on the idea of the coil. What are peoples experiences of the implant in the arm and the injection? I am particularly keen to avoid weight gain, as I am trying v hard to lose the baby weight, although I never had a real issue with this with the pill before. Help please!

mumtolilh Thu 09-May-13 20:29:04

Hi

I just got the implant 3 months ago & so far no period & no wait gain although I did watch what I ate after getting it in! It's pain free but it's in for 3 years so u have to be sure you don't want another in that time because they are funny about taking it out before 36 months ;)

ilovepowerhoop Thu 09-May-13 20:31:51

if you are worried about weight gain then I would avoid the injection as it is a very common side effect. I put on loads of weight and had constant bleeding when I tried it. I currently have the mirena coil.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now