Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

problem with copper coil

(5 Posts)
nighthawk85 Sun 13-Jan-13 20:44:11

Firstly I'd like to apologise if I'm repeating anything already discussed in other posts (I did have a quick look!)

Anyway, I've had my coil in for a little over a year and for the last three months I've had stabbing pains in the left side of my lower abdomen a few days after my period which usually last a day or so. They're fairly bad but don't really impede on my life. I can live with it as long as I know they're not doing any harm as the coil really suits me. That is what's worrying me.

I know you ladies aren't in a position to diagnose or anything like that but I'm just looking for some reassurance until I can get to a doctor, which as a busy working mum might not be until the end of the week. Hopefully its just part and parcel of having a coil!

Thanks in advance.

detoxdiva Sun 13-Jan-13 20:59:36

Hi. I've had the copper coil for several years now since ds was born and have never experienced a pain like you're describing. That's not to say its not connected to your coil but I'd probably make some time to see the gp to get it checked out and make sure it's still all in place ok.

nighthawk85 Sun 13-Jan-13 21:11:12

Thank you for your reply smile I most definitely will be making an appt with GP this week.

lels99 Mon 21-Jan-13 19:26:22

Be interested to hear what they say as I sometimes get it too.

nighthawk85 Wed 23-Jan-13 08:34:25

Sorry, just seen this.. They're sending me for a scan. I'm pretty sure just to reassure me and they don't think anything dramatic is going on. I'll let you know the results of that if you like.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now