Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Poly cystic ovaries

(5 Posts)
baileysontherocks Sun 06-Jan-13 00:16:21

Hi I'm wondering if someone could give ,e some healthy eating tip sto help me shed some weight as I have pros and I'm quite large I've been to my docs and they have prescribed me metformin and as for my weight I got referred to a weight loss clinic in my area and was told that I only need to put on a bit more weight for surgery so they can't help me I went back to my docs and told him this and he's currently trying to help me but the NHS won't pay out anymore h(he moans about this on a regular basis) anyways whilst I'm waiting I'm wanting to shed some weight I'm starting to do an hours walk a day as I can t do anything more ATM as when i had my daughter they damaged a nerve in my back with the epidural hmm can anyone give me a good meal plan or tips on weight loss that has help them conceive as we have been trying for 2+ years now and still nothing and I see this is my only chance hmm

baileysontherocks Sun 06-Jan-13 14:59:29

Bump

baileysontherocks Mon 07-Jan-13 16:04:09

Bump

boobilina Thu 10-Jan-13 18:09:01

Hi there

I too have pcos and was advised to lose about 8kg. I went on a low gi diet in October, had lost 7 kg by December and I have just discovered I am pregnant!

Best thing I ever did!

There are plenty of gi books or recipes online - for pcos sufferers it is essential to balance blood sugar

Also give up alcohol - it is simply like drinking glucose!

smokinaces Thu 10-Jan-13 18:12:09

Follow low carb. No processed food. No pasta. No bread. Very little fruit. Vegetables, meat, protein, salads.

I dropped nearly four stone with pcos in all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now