Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Mini - pill - three months in and it's still not settling

(2 Posts)
ckbarker1979 Sat 17-Nov-12 07:28:03

As the title suggests I've been in the mini pill now for three months and I have mostly bled every day. Not enough for a tampon or even a sanitary towel sometimes, just there every time I wipe. Getting me down and ruining good knickers!!
I have really painful periods even after 2 kids so am willing to try everything. Have tried the lot so far and nothing seems to work for me. Have heard it takes 6 months to settles and I will wait. But what if it doesn't??!!

Any advice/success stories much appreciated!!

Thanks,
Charlotte

CatsRule Sat 17-Nov-12 09:26:08

I take cerazette amd the first time I was similar for a few months then ot went away and I didn't have periods at all...which was great!

After having my ds I went back on it amd I didn't have any spotting this time nor any periods.

The first time I took it I did find my hair was a bit lank and thin, it is again this time but possibly to do with just having a baby.

I know the mini pill isn't for everyone but I would try and persevere. I can't take the combined pill and, as mich as they tried to convince me about the coil I hated the thought of that.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now