Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Day 2 of copper coil and feeling queasy!

(4 Posts)
BabydollsMum Thu 15-Nov-12 19:14:02

I was warned about the physical pains and period-like cramps but actually they're not so bad at all. I've had a stabbing pain in my eyes all day, massive headache, feeling very faint and queasy. Managed to hold down a bowl of cereal and an apple but that's it all day. Normal? I wasn't expecting this! BTW, I came off Cerazette two weeks ago with all the accompanying side effects and had since been feeling great. Now I feel like absolute shit. Please tell me this'll pass. Thanks! xx

whizmum Fri 16-Nov-12 14:36:23

Have you called your doctor? Doesn't sound good and if it was not what you were expecting, I would get further advice.

barleysugar Fri 16-Nov-12 16:45:56

Sounds more like a migraine to me than the coil, I've had two and never had those sorts of side effects!

BabydollsMum Fri 16-Nov-12 17:23:42

No, definitely not a migraine. For one I'm at the computer typing! Feeling a bit better now and it's been 48hrs. Thanks for replies. I do tend to get this stabbing eye pain when it's something hormone related, which is weird. I Googled it this morning and drew a blank. I am a migraine sufferer and that was part of me wanting to go onto a non-hormonal contraceptive, but this is definitely different. Fingers crossed it'll all clear up by tomorrow. Thanks again! xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now