Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Pill and sickness

(4 Posts)
ChablisLover Sun 11-Nov-12 23:51:28

Am on combined pill

Hasn't taken a break last month due to holidays and now with 2 days to go of this pack I've been sick

Dh says take break as normal as its bad for my health but I say no have to continue for protection

Who is right? Is it bad for me not to take a beak for 3 months? He's spouting stuff he's found off Internet at me.

shrimponastick Mon 12-Nov-12 20:42:48

As far as I know you can take packs back to back for a number of months. It didn't always work for me and I would bleed at some point withinthe next month.

If you have been sick though you should also use condoms as that day's dose won't be in your system. I forget for how long you need to use barrier protection in addition though.

ChablisLover Tue 13-Nov-12 18:39:00

Thanks

That's what I thought

bonzo77 Tue 13-Nov-12 18:47:08

Perfectly safe, in fact, safer to not take a break. You also need condoms (or no shagging) while you are sick and for 7 days after you were last sick, because there is a risk that the lost days allowed you to ovulate.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now