Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

if your periods stop altogether when on the pill

(7 Posts)
frazzled09 Tue 30-Oct-12 21:33:51

I'm new, with a question that will make me sound dim.

My periods have stopped altogether now I am 5 months into taking cerazette. So how can I be sure I am not pregnant? Do other people who have no periods do preg. tests now and again?

I have been taking it properly but I have a nagging worry. And I have gone right off wine, which is odd.

I never thought I would miss periods, after 3 yrs of 2weeks on, 2 weeks off. But the reassurance than no baby had taken up residence was, in hindsight, a plus point!

Beanbagz Wed 31-Oct-12 08:48:17

I took cerazette for a while and felt really bloated on it. My stomach was so hard (& i had occasional flutters) that i was convinced i was pregnant but thankfully i wasn't.

Realistically there's no way of knowing for sure without taking a test or waiting to see if a baby pops out.

I've switched to femulen now as i didn't like the bloating/weight gain/terrible skin/bad moods that cerazette gave me!

whizmum Thu 01-Nov-12 15:32:31

I am wondering how you know, if your periods have stopped, that your periods have stopped and you don't need the damned thing any more! There seems to be no answer to that either!

Beanbagz Fri 02-Nov-12 08:33:25

I asked that question when i went for a repeat perscription and didn't get a straigh answer.

I think generally you keep going with the pills until your late 40s although the nurse did say you might see other signs of menopause such as dryness.

frazzled09 Fri 02-Nov-12 14:48:26

Thanks all. Thinking of stopping it anyway as my libido has vanished altogether and I read cerazette can cause that. I was enjoying the cost savings and no pain of no periods though!

Beanbagz Fri 02-Nov-12 15:17:14

That happened to me too. Much better since i switched to Femulen wink

frazzled09 Fri 02-Nov-12 15:40:32

Right, I'm getting a doctor appt then! I feel like an asexual robot at the mo - anything would be better than that.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now