Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Anyone else use Nuvaring

(6 Posts)
LadyCurd Fri 28-Sep-12 13:20:37

Hiya,
I'm about to start using Nuvaring (internal contraceptive ring worn internally for three weeks then take out to have a period) anyone else used it? What do you think. Bit of a battle to get it prescribed as its expensive but would love to hear what people thought.
Cheers
ladyC

LadyCurd Fri 28-Sep-12 19:54:19

Anyone?

booface Fri 28-Sep-12 19:56:12

Hi Ladycurd, I have one and it is brilliant. Best thing I ever did! Controlled my awful heavy periods, and have had no side effects. Just do stay on top of the three weeks in one week out, and do make sure you have your prescriptions fulfilled in good time as you don't want the mad dash I had around 6 different pharmacies to find one that had it in stock when I forgot! Good luck!

LadyCurd Sat 29-Sep-12 16:40:21

Ace, at the minute they have only prescribed me one! So will have to phone up and renew - they are saying at min I will need to do this every month but reckon once they work out if it suits me I will hope to get more, or do you just get one a month?

brandysoakedbitch Tue 23-Oct-12 10:13:26

Wanted to to resurrect this thread as on my second month of this. I was prescribed three and in the first month I bled and bled for two and a half weeks. Second one went in yesterday (I did not bleed in the week off) and absolutely shocking periody pains today. Was really hopeful this would be good for me as so low impact but I am gong to give it a go before I give up on it. I am 42 and wonder if I am getting on a bit and that is why I have had such a bumpy start.

EdwardtheEagle Tue 23-Oct-12 10:19:03

I've been prescribed this too but have been put off using it from seeing all the blood clot info on the internet. I want it for light but v painful periods with terrible moodiness!! I've been given leelo pill instead which I've just started. So far so good!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now