Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Acne on cerazette

(13 Posts)
Househunter Tue 21-Aug-12 18:41:03

I started cerazette a couple of weeks ago and am starting to get horrible acne - the really cystic painful kind. However, I'm really running out of contraceptive options for various reasons so would like to give the cerazette a good try. Has anyone developed acne on cerazette initially which has then improved with time?

Thanks

Househunter Thu 23-Aug-12 12:50:06

Anyone?

NoKnownAllergies Thu 23-Aug-12 12:53:14

Mine got worse. I eventually gave up as the spots were so painful. My jawline was covered in them. Sorry, I guess that's not what you wanted to hear.

Househunter Thu 23-Aug-12 18:38:29

No, its not what I wanted to hear grin. But thanks for the reply. My skin seems a bit better now so think I'll persist for the time being although if things worsen again I'll stop.

Ponyofdoom Fri 31-Aug-12 20:25:53

My skin got bad initially on Cerazette then settled. Its still very bad skin indeed but better than when I was on the combined pill or nothing!

chihiro Fri 31-Aug-12 20:28:04

I don't think I had acne - had a whole nightmare of other problems on cerazette, but acne was not one of them.

Clockless Sun 02-Sep-12 22:30:34

sorry to hijack a little but what happened to your sex drive? i am taking cerazette to cover the time between coil becoming out of date and getting a new one, and although the leaflet says loss of libido, i am getting th opposite? anyone elseE?

cheapandchic Thu 13-Sep-12 09:23:20

I am on micronor and my skin is bad as well. so far its seems to be the only side effect so i am sticking with it for now...wwas thinking of switching to cerazettte but now not sure as i might have the same problem

MrawMraw Sun 30-Sep-12 00:02:07

On Cerazette my skin got so bad I had to stop it - greasy film and also covered in jawline actual painful acne BOILS (yuk) which needed drained and antibiotics. eurgh. I also got slightly crampy pains and also felt horribly depressed on it (definitely cause by it as it started within 2 weeks of starting and lifted within 2 weeks of stopping).

But on the plus side I had no bleeding and my sex drive was rampant! (like a spotty testosterone driven teenage boy!) grin.

However I have PCOS so may be totally different for some, my friend loves Cerazette.

Progesterone-only-pills tend to cause acne much more than combined pills, but some people medically can't take combined, so I'd say keep switching methods or pills you can use until you find one which suits best x

shrimponastick Sun 30-Sep-12 00:08:16

I took it for a couple of months a few years ago.

Dreadful skin. Almost instantly, well within the first couple of weeks.

Not for me.

Libsangel Fri 04-Aug-17 19:10:01

Yes, the skin does get worse unfortunately. What I do though is incorporate clay masks in my skin care regime weekly. That seems to work. As for the Sex drive 🤔 Out of the roof!😳🤣

Libsangel Fri 04-Aug-17 19:11:18

Sex drive rather through the roof. 🤣🤣

Locky81 Thu 10-Aug-17 20:10:39

Anyone suffered from spots on their stomach? Mine are numerous and painful.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now