Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Cerazette Missed Pill - Advice Please!

(3 Posts)
Sundog88 Wed 28-Sep-11 20:15:55

I've been on Cerazette for around 4 months now, and cleverly I managed to miss my first pill last Sunday. I carried on taking my pills as normal on the Monday (not realising I was also meant to take the missed pill as soon as I remembered.) I then had unprotected sex on the Friday.

As the packaging and the website for Cerazette state quite clearly that an extra method of protection should be used for 7 days after a missed pill I went to the Pharmacy the next day for emergency contraception, but the Pharmacist looked it up in a book of guidelines and told me I didn't need it, as this book said I would be protected by Cerazette as long as I'd been taking it as normal for at least 2 days, dismissing the 7 day guide as the company being over cautious.

I accpeted this at the time, however it's been playing on my mind as every Cerazette source I find says that I am not protected for 7 days after a missed pill, unlike most other pills which specify only 2 days. Obviously it's too late for emergency contraception now, but I can't get it out of my head that she might have just read information for the wrong pill. Does anybody know whether this 2 day rule is true, or should I get stocking up on pregnancy tests now?

ThatsNotMyBabyBelly Wed 28-Sep-11 20:23:14

My GP said it is only 48 hours you need to take precautions for, that was one of the big selling points for me instead of the combined pill.

You should be fine!

Sundog88 Wed 28-Sep-11 20:33:32

Thank you for replying so quickly!

I'm sure the Pharmacist I spoke to wouldn't be so incompetant as to give me advice regarding the wrong medication but given that everything produced by Cerazette itself says 7 days I just can't stop worrying that something went wrong. I'm going to be cautiously optimistic though, if your doctor told you 2 days as well then I'm going to believe it's genuine medical opinion and not just a mistake!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now