Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Side-effects on removing Implanon?

(4 Posts)
RoseC Mon 12-Sep-11 12:02:45

We have decided that I need to take out the Implanon as, apart from not getting pregnant, it's not doing much for us any more. In particular it's giving me massive and horrible mood swings, which are impacting on my relationship with DP.

When I had the implant installed I had a lot of hormonal side effects and also a horrid bout of dizziness. I am anxious not to impact my coursework (last time I couldn't stand/sit upright and had to get a two week extension whilst I waited for it to go away). OTOH I really don't want to have it in longer than necessary as I'm being a total bitch to DP on occasion and don't realise until I've calmed down (I was always a placid person - this has really shaken me).

Has anyone who has had the implant removed experienced any side effects please? I am anxious to avoid any dizziness or massive mood swings (am prone to depression) during a busy term. OTOH if there are no side effects then I'll get it removed now rather than in the New Year as it's not fair on DP. Very grateful to anyone who can share their experiences.

QueenStromba Mon 12-Sep-11 15:17:56

I only had mine for 24 days but had no side effects when it was taken out and most importantly was back to my old self within a few days.

RoseC Tue 13-Sep-11 22:34:04

Thanks for your reply. I've had mine for just over a year and I'm looking forward to getting back to my old self too!

Ben10WasTheSpawnNowWeLoveLego Wed 14-Sep-11 13:50:33

I had mine out 4 weeks ago. I have lost weight and feel great. The constant dark bleeding (sorry for TMI) has gone and I now have the patch and am very happy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now