Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

merina coil falling out after 5 days

(5 Posts)
thehiddenpaw Sun 11-Sep-11 16:55:13

my third child is 10 weeks old and last week I had the merina coil inserted.Insertion was fine, unpleasant but not awful. to cut the detail short, it fell out this morning. I have bad cramps and lots of blood clots coming out. Am really shocked as had not thought falling out was a credible scenario! Any experiences on this. hope to get in to see my dr this week but certainly will be needing to sort alternative contraception out while I decide what to do

carocaro Mon 12-Sep-11 13:00:31

Seems very early to put one in after giving birth to me. It can fall out but in very rare cirsumstances. Was your womb etc all checked before the appt?

thehiddenpaw Mon 12-Sep-11 19:18:18

no check prior to insertion. dr advised soon after birth was easier to insert.

Nevercan Wed 14-Sep-11 20:50:06

My dd2 is 10 weeks old and I had my coil inserted yesterday. A bit of bleeding since but nothing to that degree. I would definitely get it checked out in case they have perforated anything...

thehiddenpaw Thu 15-Sep-11 20:01:32

is ok, think it was because have loose cervix have fast deliveries. Might try again or might try implant

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now