Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Missed/late period on microgynon

(11 Posts)
ehedydd Mon 22-Aug-11 12:42:52

Has anyone had a late or missed period when on their 7 day break on microgynon? Am coming to the end of my break due to start new pack tonight and no period has appeared! I've taken 2 packs back to back but done this before and have had a withdrawal bleed as normal but not this time!

joruth Mon 22-Aug-11 14:01:35

yes it happened to me ....however I also conceived whilst on microgynon.....it's only 1/1000 chance so guess I'm just lucky!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lifeissweet Mon 22-Aug-11 14:05:18

Me too - Pregnant. Don't panic, though. I'm sure you aren't

ehedydd Mon 22-Aug-11 14:12:16

It wouldn't be awful if I was, we have a 6 month old ds and dp would love another one but I have to go back to work for 3 months min to qualify for my next lot of maternity and we've just moved so lots of outgoings but we'll survive if I am lol did a test yday and it was negative but I've been so busy and tired with little one that I have missed 1 or 2 pills recently will give it a week and test again if nothing. Tmi...have had a jelly like discharge with a slight tinge of blood but that's it no period symptoms which I usually get and no preg symptoms either but it could be too early oh heck!

first1 Thu 25-Aug-11 10:34:34

I got pregnant on microgynon and I never missed a single pill!!

ehedydd Fri 26-Aug-11 19:49:09

Oh god lol well still no period but a 2nd -ve test

mumatron Fri 26-Aug-11 19:55:55

dd1 is a microgynon baby!

I'm 100% sure I didn't miss a single pill.

ds was a depo provera baby so It could just be my super fertility grin

good luck op, hope you get the result you want.

GetThePartyStarted Fri 26-Aug-11 20:04:48

I had the same thing.... BFN, then missed the next one, another BFN followed by a BFP and scan showing a 10 week fetus [hmmm] give it a few days!! I never missed a pill either...

allmyfriendsaremarried Fri 26-Aug-11 20:19:56

I miscarried twice on Microgynon, did not realise I was even pregnant. Horrible plus it made sex really dry. I have since swopped to another pill but still think about those pregnancies I lost even though they were not planned. I have not had a boyf for over 8 months now so can't see if new pill is more effective but have heard from friends that I am not alone.

ReadyToDrink Fri 26-Aug-11 20:21:37

DS is a microgynon baby. & I got negative tests with him for ages. Just sayin' grin

mrskbpw Fri 26-Aug-11 20:24:31

I've missed periods on microgynon without being pregnant. But am now secretly hoping for one of those microgynon babies...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now