Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Missed/late period on microgynon

(12 Posts)
ehedydd Mon 22-Aug-11 12:42:52

Has anyone had a late or missed period when on their 7 day break on microgynon? Am coming to the end of my break due to start new pack tonight and no period has appeared! I've taken 2 packs back to back but done this before and have had a withdrawal bleed as normal but not this time!

joruth Mon 22-Aug-11 14:01:35

yes it happened to me ....however I also conceived whilst on microgynon.....it's only 1/1000 chance so guess I'm just lucky!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lifeissweet Mon 22-Aug-11 14:05:18

Me too - Pregnant. Don't panic, though. I'm sure you aren't

ehedydd Mon 22-Aug-11 14:12:16

It wouldn't be awful if I was, we have a 6 month old ds and dp would love another one but I have to go back to work for 3 months min to qualify for my next lot of maternity and we've just moved so lots of outgoings but we'll survive if I am lol did a test yday and it was negative but I've been so busy and tired with little one that I have missed 1 or 2 pills recently will give it a week and test again if nothing. Tmi...have had a jelly like discharge with a slight tinge of blood but that's it no period symptoms which I usually get and no preg symptoms either but it could be too early oh heck!

first1 Thu 25-Aug-11 10:34:34

I got pregnant on microgynon and I never missed a single pill!!

ehedydd Fri 26-Aug-11 19:49:09

Oh god lol well still no period but a 2nd -ve test

mumatron Fri 26-Aug-11 19:55:55

dd1 is a microgynon baby!

I'm 100% sure I didn't miss a single pill.

ds was a depo provera baby so It could just be my super fertility grin

good luck op, hope you get the result you want.

GetThePartyStarted Fri 26-Aug-11 20:04:48

I had the same thing.... BFN, then missed the next one, another BFN followed by a BFP and scan showing a 10 week fetus [hmmm] give it a few days!! I never missed a pill either...

allmyfriendsaremarried Fri 26-Aug-11 20:19:56

I miscarried twice on Microgynon, did not realise I was even pregnant. Horrible plus it made sex really dry. I have since swopped to another pill but still think about those pregnancies I lost even though they were not planned. I have not had a boyf for over 8 months now so can't see if new pill is more effective but have heard from friends that I am not alone.

ReadyToDrink Fri 26-Aug-11 20:21:37

DS is a microgynon baby. & I got negative tests with him for ages. Just sayin' grin

mrskbpw Fri 26-Aug-11 20:24:31

I've missed periods on microgynon without being pregnant. But am now secretly hoping for one of those microgynon babies...

vics08 Fri 13-Oct-17 00:26:15

hi I wud like ur advice! been on microgynon pill for years had the odd bleeding that's not normal. but I've been off my 7 day weekly and after 6 days still not come on?? I'm worried x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: