Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

My bf keeps hitting my strings!!

(5 Posts)
first1 Tue 09-Aug-11 11:13:43

The title says it all! My boyfriend keeps feeling like he's being scratched by my mirena strings. I've had it in a year, had a scan and speculum examinations to make sure the coil is in situ, strings are right length etc and consultant and gp can't see any problem. But bless him, doesn't make for very nice sex when he's being scratched "like a safety pin" each time! Anyone else experienced this with answers or do I just have the thing removed?

buterflies Tue 09-Aug-11 11:20:42

I would have it removed.

I say this because when I had the coil I had the same problem, also I got infection after infection and then the damn thing slipped slightly and I was in agony and had to phone round for over an hour trying to find someone who was qualified to remove it as my GPs wouldnt touch it and hospital said it wasnt their area either.

Its entirely up to you, are you ok with hormones? Maybe try the implant if you want a more permanant method.

first1 Thu 11-Aug-11 15:13:49

Thanks. Managed to dtd without it happening so fingers crossed!

lubeybooby Thu 11-Aug-11 15:15:08

I had this too years ago when I had a mirena. The only answer is to get rid and have the pill or implant instead

naughtyorouttacontrol Tue 23-Aug-11 18:56:35

I also had this problem, and went to the doctors and they trimmed the strings and then it was all fine.

But i had my coil taken out for other reasons as it didnt agree with me..

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now