Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

implant - anyone else had soreness around the insertion point?

(5 Posts)
elportodelgato Mon 25-Jul-11 21:13:12

I had the implant put in a week ago and it still feels sore where the doctor inserted it. She bandaged it up really tight and told me to keep the dressing on for 3 days so I thought the discomfort was from the tight bandage. But when I removed it I could see that I was really badly bruised (not at the insertion point but at the other end of the implant) and I can really feel it under my skin. Should i go to the docs or is this quite a normal reaction? The bruising is going down fine now and there is no sign of infection but I just don't know if this is normal or not... thanks for any advice or shared experiences

QueenStromba Tue 26-Jul-11 18:45:27

Is the top of the implant still lined up with the insertion point? I had bruising at the other end of the implant and it was because the implant was moving up and down my arm (sometimes it lined up with the insertion point and other times it was up to a centimeter lower) - it was bloody painful. They're not supposed to move about so if it is doing that then you should go back to the doctor since it might be a good idea to have it taken out. I had mine out but I'd have had it out anyway since it really didn't agree with me.

elportodelgato Tue 26-Jul-11 19:02:57

Arrgh yes I think that might be it! The implant is not lined up with the insertion point, how yukky! We are going away tomorrow for a week but then I'll be back to the docs ASAP. What a pain! Thanks for telling me, I might have struggled on otherwise

ragged Tue 26-Jul-11 19:20:29

God yes, it was sore for at least 2 weeks, but not for much longer & it was normally (quickly, painlessly) removed years later. I guess get it checked out.

iklboo Tue 26-Jul-11 19:27:47

When I had mine renewed it turned out I was allergic to the type of steri strips the doctor had used & some of my skin had 'melted' under the strips. THAT was a bit painful!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now