Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Broodiness!

(4 Posts)
OneBroodyLady Wed 20-Jul-11 21:59:23

Hi All

I'm new to this site so apologies in advance if I'm not up to speed with all the acronyms!

I've been with my wonderful boyfriend for 18 months now, and we've been friends for over two years. We are both quite independent people and met traveling. I'm absolutely mad about him and we've discussed marriage and babies already.

I have always wanted children, but since meeting him my broodiness levels have shot through the roof! We are currently saving to buy a flat in the Spring (2012) and both have good jobs in the City.

I really enjoy my life and am very happy in my relationship, and so is DB(?). However, over the last 6 months I have been really struggling to suppress my desire to have a baby.

I feel so out of control because I'm only 23 (DB 26), and I know that I shouldn't feel rushed because everything is kind of 'lining up' nicely (flat, marriage, baby etc).

I know that DB wants a baby too and I think this wave of broodiness has only really come over me since being with DB, because its his baby that I want to have. Being with him just gives my life so much meaning and makes me so happy.

Anyway, I'm on the coil and obviously not trying to get pregnant ATM because I know it makes sense to wait.

I just feel so absolutely desperate and out of control of these feelings!!

Can anyone offer any advice on slowing down this BLOODY LOUD TICKING?!!?! I thought I wasn't suppose to start feeling like this until I got to 30!!

Sorry for the rambling post.

Thanks in advance

OBL

Madmammy12 Mon 15-Aug-11 11:33:07

Hi Onebroodylady, I havent much in the way of advice, just didnt want to read your post and not reply....although I think my DH and myself were a little similar to you and your DB when we conceived our first DD....we had just bought our house and DH (well he was DB then!) REALLY wanted us to have a child....so we had lots of talks and went away for a 'rosmantic' w/end and hey presto we had DD 9 months later......like that things were lining up nicely and that was my thoughts I wanted it all set up before we had a baby, but then it just happened (although I come off my pill, not to get pregnant but because of hormonal reasons) and I have to say it was the best thing that happened to us, she's our little star..she's 6 now and then a year later we got married and after that we had our 2nd DD.....if you both feel happy and secure in your relationship, and both feel this is something you really want then why wait....things dont have to be perfect (ie. flat, marriage, baby etc) but as long as you are both ready why not go for it.....I was 24 when it happened to us, and you sound mature enough to be talking it all over....so thats all good signs.....its hard work but they are sooooooo worth it, I'm so glad it happened, as I wasnt even maternal in any respect, well until I met DH....and yes the ticking only get louder!!! Hope thats of some help to you...Keep us posted! Good Luck

MM

flabbyapronbelly Mon 15-Aug-11 19:56:40

I was the same, but I would just make sure you have got to where you want to be job wise first. Once you have a child it is just impossible to give the same amount of time and committment to work as you can pre children. If you have got to where you want to be career wise and come to an agreement re working hours etc it is much easier than slowly climbing your way up all the time looking for flexible working etc.

OneBroodyLady Sat 17-Sep-11 20:58:41

Hi MM and flabbyapronbelly (which i'm sure isn't true, by the way!).
Thanks so much for taking the time to reply, it's really kind of you both. Everything you've both said makes complete sense and I realise that things don't have to be "perfect" before we have a baby (because then we never will!!). Equally, some things just get a bit easier with time. FAB - I know what you mean; we don't get any decent maternity benefits at work until we've been there a couple of years.

Thanks so much for your advice grin OBL xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now