Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Has anyone ever taken Norethisterone?

(9 Posts)
buggerlugs82 Fri 08-Jul-11 09:28:50

Hi everyone

I've been prescribed this as i stopped taking Mycrogynon 30 in September and for no obvious reason other than stress my periods stopped in February. Im 28 and have been tested for the menopause, PCOS etc and all are negative.

i'd be interested to hear other peoples experiences of this drug. Im currently half way through it, 5mg, 3x a day for 20 days and i feel rubbish.

thanks smile

vintageteacups Fri 08-Jul-11 21:40:21

I have taken it to postpone my period when going on holiday.

Why are you on it if you're not having periods anyway? I don't get it?

Or can it be used to kick-start your cycle again?

vintageteacups Fri 08-Jul-11 21:40:52

When I took it, it was only at first signs of period, then until I came back from holiday and for no more than 5 days.

bludgerlugs82 Sat 09-Jul-11 10:03:53

Hey - Thanks for your reply. It will (should) kick start my cycle. It will force a bleed when i stop taking it due to the drop in progesterone levels.

I'm hoping it works.

missingmyflatbelly Sat 09-Jul-11 22:41:36

I took it while going away and it made me feel like I had morning sickness the whole time

daffsntulips Sat 09-Jul-11 22:44:26

I took it to delay my period whilst on holiday. When my period did start it was awful... Cramps like labour contractions! I had to take a day off work. First time ever!

TotalChaos Sun 10-Jul-11 08:57:18

I took Noriday (a mini-pill containing Norethisterone) some years back. Had an awful effect on my mood, gave me PMT so bad it was like clinical depression. (have had proper dx'ed depression over the years).

vintageteacups Sun 10-Jul-11 10:32:48

forgot to say, unlike the other ladies, I had no side effects for delaying my period at all. No worse than a normal period. I think it just depends; woman to woman.

buggerlugs82 Mon 11-Jul-11 16:36:34

Hey guys thanks for your replies. I feel a lot better on it today, not as tired / confused and feel on top of my craving / eating again.

Only 6 days left to take before the period of a lifetime!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now