Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

condom failure - is it always obvious?

(5 Posts)
kalidasa Wed 29-Jun-11 10:57:20

I'm new on here and maybe this is a stupid question, but for those of you who use or have regularly used condoms in the past - do you think a failure is always obvious at the time? (Though I suppose by definition if it's not you probably don't know . . . ) I ask because (TMI alert) we used a condom on Monday night, definitely a very very fertile time for me, and the following morning it felt like it does the day after sex without a barrier method. Any thoughts? similar experiences? If my partner had noticed an obvious split I'm sure he would have said so at the time.

RosyRosie Wed 29-Jun-11 15:50:21

No it isn't! This is how I got pregnant the first time, everything went to plan condomwise, next thing I know, baby!?

kalidasa Wed 29-Jun-11 15:52:20

Oh dear Rosy. Do you have any idea at all what went wrong? I hope I'm fussing about nothing.

going Wed 29-Jun-11 15:57:12

Do you mean you had a lot of mucous? If so that is very normal around your fertlie time and probably means that the condom was fine.

kalidasa Wed 29-Jun-11 16:32:05

going - yes, I'm used to seeing very watery or 'egg white' cervical fluid at that time of the month (I use the fertility awareness method, so I am used to noticing these things). But, not too be too grisly, the particular consistency the following morning was more like the morning after sex without a barrier than my usual cervical fluid (even when I'm very fertile). There was an awful lot of it too. You're probably right all the same and it was just a particularly lavish month! We also used a different type of condom from normal so I wondered if it had a spermicide on it perhaps which might made my own cf seem different the next day? I'll doublecheck with my partner and see if he noticed anything.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now