Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

2 week period after coil fit

(4 Posts)
Vic1982 Fri 24-Jun-11 13:36:52

I had a coil fit on the 8th of this month. For the first 2 days I spotted, as told I would by the Dr. I then started my period on the 3rd day. I had no significant change to my loss, which I expected. However my week soon passed and yet I was still experiencing the same amount of loss rather than a reduction.
I am now onto day 16. Although there has been a reduction I am still having loss.
Can anyone tell me if this is normal?

MayDayChild Fri 24-Jun-11 20:30:58

Mine was twice as long that first time but much less flow. Very irratic since then (dec). You have to have a check up anyway so call doc and leave message for them to call you?!?

naughtyorouttacontrol Tue 23-Aug-11 19:16:44

which coil did you have fitted out of interest?

I had a marina coil and had alot of light bleeding, i am now thinking of getting a copper one.

loubielou31 Fri 02-Sep-11 20:27:43

Has your bleeding stopped? How long did it last. Had mine fitted on the first day of my period but the bleeding seems to have stopped straight away which I wasn't expecting. We'll see.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now