Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

somebody tell me that I can have a baby if I have a fibroid.

(6 Posts)
GooGooGadget Mon 13-Jun-11 13:08:35

it's 8 cm and in the muscle at the top of my womb. The consultant is going to have a look with the camera there's something to look forward to but can someone tell me a cheerful story?

BaronessBomburst Tue 14-Jun-11 00:12:29

My grandma had fibroids and three children. All I know is that she had the fibroids removed whilst she was pregnant with the first. So, based on that, yes. I'm sure the consultant will be able to give you better advice though!

Clary Tue 14-Jun-11 00:21:24

A former colleague of mine had two children despite having fibroids.

She had also had abdominal surgery on them before the pregnancies. All was fine tho she did have 2 x CS but that was not especially connected with the fibroids I don't think.

GooGooGadget Tue 14-Jun-11 10:54:35

I am worried. I don't cope well with being told facts about risk by medical professionals. I want nice fluffy anecdotes to sweeten the pill smile

BaronessBomburst Tue 14-Jun-11 12:02:46

Well, if my grandma could do it in 1947....... Things have moved on since then, you know!

GooGooGadget Tue 14-Jun-11 15:15:21

smile stirling work Baroness smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: