Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

what to expect when getting implanon removed

(7 Posts)
missingmyflatbelly Thu 09-Jun-11 18:10:34

hi

had lots of bleeding on implanon so am getting it removed after nearly a year. appiontment is next week, what should i expect once its out? will i bleed more for a few days like you do when you come off the pill? anything else to expect?

thanks

Kaybump Thu 09-Jun-11 18:37:30

Hi,
I had mine removed and there wasn't much to notice, I had had irregular periods with it so they continued for a bit after, and were quite heavy actually- but I dont know if that was more down to my PCOS I had developed?! I went onto the Yasmin pill a few months later and that evened everything out.
I had the implant for a total of 5 yrs, bled almost continuously for the first year, took the mini pill for a week to sort out periods then I didnt have one for a couple of years after that! Strange hormonal treatment!

missingmyflatbelly Thu 09-Jun-11 22:32:04

thank you kaybump. are you saying you got pcos from the implanon? and did yo take the mini pill whilst on the implanon?

Jojay Thu 09-Jun-11 22:34:28

I had mine out after 6 months or so due to endless bleeding, and it stopped within 24 hrs -yay!

missingmyflatbelly Fri 10-Jun-11 10:45:15

oh i hope i have the same experience as you jojay!! i'm counting down teh days to next tuesday right now as this bleeding is a headache!!

1Catherine1 Fri 10-Jun-11 20:02:34

I did the same as Kaybump... works a treat - worth trying first imo.

missingmyflatbelly Fri 10-Jun-11 20:54:14

thanks 1catherine. i had never heard of that and i would try it, however i only wanted to have the implant in til september before ttc so its only a case of three more months of contraception. so i'm having the implant out early and then using barrier methods for a couple of months. i only wish i knew of the mini pill option earlier though as then i wouldn't have had so much misery these last few months as then it would definitely have been worth a trysad

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: