Talk

Advanced search

Anyone NOT gain weight with Cerazette?

(10 Posts)
YouCantTeuchThis Thu 26-May-11 19:12:55

Particularly those people who may have weight issues already?

I have just been taken off combined pill, which I have taken all of my adult life (with breaks to have children) and GP has suggested Mirena coil but to take Cerazette until I can get a fitting appt.

I am a few stone overweight (let's say 2...nearer to 3!) and have just lost a stone. Finally my weight is going in the right direction and - aside from the other potential side effects of both of these contraceptives - I think it would be such a blow to, well, blow up again!

Also, I have a very low libido at the best of times. Neither of these are going to help are they?

YouCantTeuchThis Thu 26-May-11 20:01:17

nobody?

SparklePrincess Thu 26-May-11 23:25:43

I am on Cerazette & have been for almost 3 years now. I previously lost lots of weight when my marriage broke down & have gradually put on 2 1/2 stone over the last 3 years. So yes.. I have put on lots of weight but tbh I think its more to do with me being a greedy guts & more happy & content than anything else. smile

YouCantTeuchThis Fri 27-May-11 07:50:37

Thanks Sparkle, good to get another perspective!

Glad you are in a better place too!

Hammy02 Fri 27-May-11 12:24:42

I was the same weight for years then went on Cerazette & gained a stone and a half within a few months. I came off it and wouldn't go back on it.

SparklePrincess Fri 27-May-11 13:34:47

Thanks YouCantTeuchThis smile

Leverkusen Fri 27-May-11 13:54:08

I put on 3 stone..... came off, lost 2 and am on my way to losing the last stone. Would never go back on it BUT everyone reacts differently.

SparklePrincess Fri 27-May-11 14:40:43

Id be interested to see if i lose weight by coming off it, but I dont have any other options really on what to use.

Earthdog Sat 28-May-11 16:23:14

I have been on Cerazette 9 months and haven't noticed any weight gain or increase in appetite. But I am a busy, skinny type anyway...no symptoms at all really. I was going to get the implant but decided to stay on Cerazette for now as it is meant to be very reliable and seems to suit me.

YouCantTeuchThis Sun 29-May-11 16:05:45

Thanks all.

I battle with my weight anyway, so I'm feeling a bit reluctant anyway. I guess I have to just try it and see how I get on.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: