Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Anyone NOT gain weight with Cerazette?

(10 Posts)
YouCantTeuchThis Thu 26-May-11 19:12:55

Particularly those people who may have weight issues already?

I have just been taken off combined pill, which I have taken all of my adult life (with breaks to have children) and GP has suggested Mirena coil but to take Cerazette until I can get a fitting appt.

I am a few stone overweight (let's say 2...nearer to 3!) and have just lost a stone. Finally my weight is going in the right direction and - aside from the other potential side effects of both of these contraceptives - I think it would be such a blow to, well, blow up again!

Also, I have a very low libido at the best of times. Neither of these are going to help are they?

YouCantTeuchThis Thu 26-May-11 20:01:17

nobody?

SparklePrincess Thu 26-May-11 23:25:43

I am on Cerazette & have been for almost 3 years now. I previously lost lots of weight when my marriage broke down & have gradually put on 2 1/2 stone over the last 3 years. So yes.. I have put on lots of weight but tbh I think its more to do with me being a greedy guts & more happy & content than anything else. smile

YouCantTeuchThis Fri 27-May-11 07:50:37

Thanks Sparkle, good to get another perspective!

Glad you are in a better place too!

Hammy02 Fri 27-May-11 12:24:42

I was the same weight for years then went on Cerazette & gained a stone and a half within a few months. I came off it and wouldn't go back on it.

SparklePrincess Fri 27-May-11 13:34:47

Thanks YouCantTeuchThis smile

Leverkusen Fri 27-May-11 13:54:08

I put on 3 stone..... came off, lost 2 and am on my way to losing the last stone. Would never go back on it BUT everyone reacts differently.

SparklePrincess Fri 27-May-11 14:40:43

Id be interested to see if i lose weight by coming off it, but I dont have any other options really on what to use.

Earthdog Sat 28-May-11 16:23:14

I have been on Cerazette 9 months and haven't noticed any weight gain or increase in appetite. But I am a busy, skinny type anyway...no symptoms at all really. I was going to get the implant but decided to stay on Cerazette for now as it is meant to be very reliable and seems to suit me.

YouCantTeuchThis Sun 29-May-11 16:05:45

Thanks all.

I battle with my weight anyway, so I'm feeling a bit reluctant anyway. I guess I have to just try it and see how I get on.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: