Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

failed coil insertion, bad experiences of pill and tired of condoms...

(5 Posts)
NeatFreak Thu 16-Dec-10 17:48:05

I had a failed attempt at inserting a copper coil and now have to see a consultant who will do it whilst scanning me. Thus will be a really long wait...

I took the pill about 7 years ago and struggled to find one that didn't make me really sick. Think it was microgynon I took in the end but it still made me really hormonal and grumpy.

We're tired of using condoms so I'm hindering if there have been any pill advances in recent years- can anyone recommend something that wouldn't affect me too much?
Tia

NeatFreak Thu 16-Dec-10 17:49:14

Hindering- wondering smile

Confuzzeled Thu 16-Dec-10 18:01:05

Watching this with interest. Am on the injection but it doesn't feel right.

glastocat Thu 16-Dec-10 18:36:48

I had a failed coil insertion with my doctor, but she referred me to a contraception clinic who managed to fit it. This was in Wimbledon, I don't know if this is an option for you? The doc told me most doctors are pretty bad at inserting coils as they don't get to do them often enough.

NeatFreak Thu 16-Dec-10 19:55:37

Thanks. I did go to the family planning clinic after the GP tried but they wouldn't attempt it because the GP hadn't been able to do it so they referred me to the consultant. I am thinking it might be easier if I could just find a contraceptive pill that suited me OK (the dangers of googling 'coil'- I'm having secoind thoughts anyway!)

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: