Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

New coil, painful sex, sore belly

(5 Posts)
Tanso Thu 11-Nov-10 19:24:10

I had a coil fitted one week ago. This morning i found sex quite painful, seemed like husband was suddenly too large. Then today my belly has been feeling increasingly sore. Poking it hurts and playing with my baby caused many ouch moments.

Ive not had any strange discharge or fevers (yet?)

I have been reading up on it and know i should see a doctor, but i know it takes a while to get appointment at my sexual health clinic. Other option is GP (few days wait) or going to emergency which seems a bit extreme. I dont really want them to take it out with too much haste if it is a small problem that might go away on its own.

Has anyone else had this problem? What did it turn out to be and did it go away by itself?

eviscerateyourmemory Thu 11-Nov-10 19:27:01

Can you still feel the strings?

Tanso Thu 11-Nov-10 19:41:00

tried today but my finger was not long enough..
I will try again

RoxieP Thu 11-Nov-10 19:59:48

Really keep an eye on it and go see someone when you can. By sheer conicidence, my boss was telling me yesterday how she had an infected coil and because nobody twigged what it was she was ill for 6 months and eventually she had a perforated abcess that nearly killed her and she had to have a massive operation. Sure nothing that extreme will happen to you but best to speak to somebody soon just in case!

Go to GP tomorrow. You don't need to wait to see sexual health clinic. Call NHS direct or go to A&E if you start to feel ill/get fever etc

RoxieP Thu 11-Nov-10 20:00:59

Oh and ask to see GP as emergency. So much better to be safe than sorry.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now