Talk

Advanced search

Help needed Lancashire Records Office Research

(7 Posts)

I am doing some research and have come across some intriguing references to court cases dated 1828 and 1838 which are held at the Lancashire Records office. I live in Swindon with 4 LO's 4 and under so travelling to Lancahsire to do the research myself is not going to be possible for me. I have phoned them and they can't copy the records for me.

Is there anyone out there who lives close who would be able and willing to help me with the research?

HolyGuacamole Wed 08-Jul-09 21:02:28

Bump

juneybertiebottsbean Sun 19-Jul-09 22:41:40

Bump for you, sorry I can't help!

Ivykaty44 Sat 25-Jul-09 13:05:43

Look online nd find someone that maybe able to go and photograph the records - often the records cant be photocopied but phtographed instead - check first with RO to make sure this maybe the case.

otherwise look on rootschat and under the lancashire section and see if someone will go to the ro for you and transcribe the material.

Thanks all

Found a lady in Preston who did research for me, very efficient but then I was paying her!

PortAndLemon Mon 27-Jul-09 09:34:25

Can you share who you used? I may need to use a researcher in that area myself eventually (having largely accepted that I am not going to manage record office trips until the DCs are a lot older).

GossipMonger Fri 14-Aug-09 11:20:18

did you find someone?

My Mum lives in Preston and might do it for you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now