Talk

Advanced search

Anyone know how to search the BMD index in the UK without paying to join a website?

(3 Posts)
shootfromthehip Wed 01-Jul-09 10:18:46

I'm trying to find out if my Great Aunt has died (estranged from the family) and think I may have found her death Certificate but I'm not sure. I don't want to join one of the geneology websites that you pay for as I won't use the other credits, so is there a way of accessing the information online to see if it is her?

I think she died in 1991 so it is fairly recent.

Any ideas/ help gratefully appreciated.

PortAndLemon Wed 01-Jul-09 10:32:03

If you email me at portandlemon@live.co.uk with the details I can look it up for you -- will only be able to get name, date of birth, month of death and approximate area, though. To get more details like exact address, cause of death and who registered the death you'd need to buy the certificate.

Or you can go to the local register office or to the central office in London and look through the printed index volumes there.

shootfromthehip Wed 01-Jul-09 10:45:52

PortandLemon, thank you. I'm not sure what I'm doing and am just hoping to find out if she is not with us anymore. Don't have much in the way of detail- not got a DOB, just a name and an area and I think a middle name. Will give you what I can though- thanks again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now