Talk

Advanced search

Online Family tree software

(3 Posts)
Sullwah Tue 23-Dec-08 20:40:20

I have a large and complicated family spread out across the world. Before they all start to kick the bucket, I would love to get down our extended family tree.

It would be ideal if there was some online software that would allow multiple users to add their bit of the family tree on a huge joint family tree - if you get my drift.

Anyone know of anything that would fit the bill?

Thanks,

Niecie Tue 23-Dec-08 20:44:10

Have you had a look at Genes Reunited, the off-shoot of Friends Reunited? You would have to get your family to register but it should be possible to link all your trees together if everybody does their little bit.

I would link but it keeps linking to my family tree and I am sure you aren't interested in that.grin

The address is www.genesreunited.co.uk

we set up a genesreunited with a hotmail.co.uk email and a family password that I sent out to all immediate family, I started it with my GEDCOM from my software, my brothers, some of my cousins, my grandaughter and DDIL have all added their 'bit' to it.

They all in turn have passed the account details onto others in the extended family

It is getting HUGE!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now