Talk

Advanced search

Australian Newspapers

(4 Posts)
eidsvold Sat 01-Nov-08 10:51:49

If you have relies who have moved or are from or were sent to Australia

You can check out this website...

here

I found out that an ancestor of mine had written a paper that was presented to the National Geographic meeting in Brisbane.

ALso found family announcements etc from late 1800's.

moshie Sat 01-Nov-08 17:36:06

thanks for that, found loads with my surname, one stabbed, two in trouble for selling liquor without a licence and one a quite important man. Know we had ancestors go out, will try and match some of the names up now.

eidsvold Sat 01-Nov-08 21:37:25

moshie - I have access to shipping lists if that is any help to you. You can also try the state archives for each state - just do a search. If it is qld you think they may have gone to - you can search the bmd records and it will give you a little information - only up to 1907 I think from memory.

want me to do links??

moshie Sun 02-Nov-08 19:38:12

thanks eidsvold, I've already got shipping lists, got loads of paperwork regarding my father's family tree, I'm going to get it out and see if any of the people named in the papers are direct ancestors.
thanks again, enjoyed browsing through, it's quite an unusual name so good odds on being rellies.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now