Talk

Advanced search

Birth certificate from 1942?

(6 Posts)
sparkle789 Wed 26-Jun-19 21:39:52

I’m trying to get a copy of a birth certificate for my mil. It’s for her brother who passed away around 2 or 3 months old in 1942.
I’ve looked at the gro website but births only go up to 1918. Does anyone know where else I can look to find it?

BishopBrennansArse Wed 26-Jun-19 21:42:09

Somewhere like Ancestry - if you don't have a login I'm sure there are free searches elsewhere. You need the gro reference numbers and you can still order if you get those.

yamadori Thu 27-Jun-19 23:17:55

Try freeBMD, they have transcribed most records now and should have info for that period.

If it isn't on there, and you know where the birth was likely to have been registered, you can approach the register office direct.

stellarparallax Sun 30-Jun-19 23:14:16

If you want to pm me the details (his name, dob, mother’s maiden name, location) I’d be happy to look it up for you.

Pipandmum Sun 30-Jun-19 23:18:23

You can copies of death certificates from the council where the person died. There’s a fee. You apply online. Do you have full name and date of death? I imagine there are records somewhere.

ChibiTotoro Sun 30-Jun-19 23:21:57

I agree with @Yamadori freebmd is a fab resource.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »