Talk

Advanced search

Mobile technology for work, does this come at a cost?

(4 Posts)
ringa Sun 07-Feb-16 11:41:44

My husband is a mature student doing a BSc in IT. Part of his course involves doing a research project. The area that he has chosen to investigate is “What is the impact of ‘always on’ mobile technology on home life when it is used to extend the working day?”.

The aim of this research is to determine if mobile technology is leading to an extended working day and whether this is impacting on family and leisure time or helping to maintain an appropriate work life balance.

The survey is anonymous and will take less than 10 minutes to complete. No identifiable information is collected and the answers that are provided will be used for my research purposes only. They will not be accessed by anyone else and will be destroyed when the research is completed.

To participate you must be 18 years or older, in employment and have access to your work via mobile technology outside of normal working hours. If you decide to participate please click on the following link to open the questionnaire.

docs.google.com/forms/d/1GtXDYdwQO97pZ21HYQmS25UBJiiq3qrnZdj6k_unFQw/viewform?usp=send_form

Thanking you in advance.

paranoiddroid Sun 07-Feb-16 11:49:03

I've fille diy in but can I have a moan about Q3 - I am neither single, married, divorces, cohabiting or widowed!

ringa Sun 07-Feb-16 19:21:30

Thanks very much for taking the time to complete the survey, he needs to get enough responses to finish his dissertation and every one helps smile

Sorry about Q3, I'll suggest he puts in an "other" option.

RancidOldHag Sun 07-Feb-16 19:34:26

You might like to ask him to have a fiddle with Q.11 as well, as I've had to go to an answer adjacent to my true one (which is 5 days Mon-Fri)

Surely I'm not alone in fairly full on during the week, but (literally) turned off at weekends?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now