Talk

Advanced search

Flexible Working NHS

(3 Posts)
Pippin8 Mon 01-Dec-14 22:43:50

Hi
I just wondered if any qualified nurses/midwives just do bank work through an agency & how they find this?

I've recently given up my stable 30hrs per week hospital job due to my DH landing a big work contract & working away a lot. I used to do 12 hour days & nights & childcare was becoming an issue with DH away.

I am in another stable 9-5 job but miss my old line of work. It's a 24/7 365 day a year service & I've joined an agency so I'm thinking of doing bank shifts only.

I know it's not good for career progression & development but I can cope with that for now.

duckwalk Sun 04-Jan-15 06:11:06

Hiya, I work on the nhs nurse bank and have done since leaving my permanent post over a year ago. I now work around my childcare instead of arranging childcare around my shifts..... it's great, and I've never struggled getting work. (Also helps that I mostly cover my own vacancy!) Could you find out the phone number of your local nhs bank? Give them a call then select Recruitment. I've been sent on a few paid training days... Trakcare, Blood Transfusion and Moving and Handling. Basic training really but better than nothing I guess grin
Good luck, it's definitely working for me!

Pippin8 Fri 09-Jan-15 17:36:42

Thanks for your reply. I left my permanent post in sept & signed on with an agency then. I have done shifts on the wards I used to work on. But am still doing the 9-5 job also. I'm thinking of quitting that & just doing bank. Good to hear you're not short of shifts, I suppose we won't be, given the state of the nhs!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now