Talk

Advanced search

Bish bashes Facebook

(7 Posts)
UnquietDad Sun 02-Aug-09 13:09:21

Not good for us, apparently

I think he's quite right... We can't have people believing in friends who don't exist. Not healthy at all.

spongebrainmaternitypants Sun 02-Aug-09 13:11:29

grin

Love it!

Pan Sun 02-Aug-09 13:19:03

Utter bollocks, Your Grace, if I may say.....

young people < whoever they are>, are a bit more wiley than he gives them credit for.

Having said that, I have just had a "Pan is now friends with X" message on FB. We have been friends since 1986! But now I guess FB has made it official.

RustyBear Sun 02-Aug-09 13:35:29

I recently had 'RustyBear has married Mr Bear', which caused some hilarity in my friends who knew we'd been married for almost 30 years...

UnquietDad Sun 02-Aug-09 14:03:53

There have been a couple of occasions where people have posted with the little heart thing that they are now married, and it's given me pause for thought as to whether it was a recent thing - i.e. were they just "partners" before who have now "made it official"? You sometimes don't dare ask!

RustyBear Sun 02-Aug-09 14:08:20

In my case it was because when I first joined FB I didn't bother to put anything about my relationship - I only did it when DH joined and it came up as 'has married'

Interestingly (well, not very, actually) it changed a bit later to 'is married to'

UnquietDad Sun 02-Aug-09 19:23:36

It's clever how the Facebook Gnomes do that!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now