Talk

Advanced search

"Stalker Check" - FGS - Think my FB days are numbered...

(10 Posts)
Crux Fri 31-Jul-09 17:43:32

hmm

So I sign on there today to find I have been tagged on not one but TWO peoples fb profiles as being a "Stalker".

Both people, I may add, who I said a quick hello to over a year ago when acceptng their friends requests.

I dont know what this application is all about - I wont be usng it myself, but dont much relish the idea that my new Stalker status will be on all my friends update pages.

I go on FB to see pics of my family and close friends, to send the occasional message and to share pics of DS with the family. I'm feeling very old now, and I dont like being included in something so (imo) juvelnile and rather mean-spirited. Oh, and lets not forget Entirely Inaccurate hmm

Whats more, there's no way of saying "um, actually - I'm not stalking you, I havent so much as looked at your profile in over a year" without looking, well, even more stalker-y blush

Bloody Facebook - whoever said it was the work of the devil was right [grn]

Meglet Fri 31-Jul-09 17:45:24

shock. I'm dead nosy on fb. Isn't that the point of it?

GiraffeAHolic Fri 31-Jul-09 17:47:06

Don't panic it only registers when you comment on someones wall or on their photo etc. It doesn't show up when you're just nosing around

IDreamOfJeannie Fri 31-Jul-09 17:48:44

That Stalker Check is a bit of a con really -it doesn't tell you who's been looking at your profile the most, I think it's based on the last people to poke you/write on your wall/like something/comment on a photo etc.

You can also block it if you don't like it.

OhBling Fri 31-Jul-09 17:50:34

My word. That means as a result of my current boredom at work I am a stalker of note. Oops! blush

random Fri 31-Jul-09 17:52:31

Yep it just based on the amount of times you comment or like a persons status or how often you write on their wall ..not how often you stalkvisit their profile

Crux Fri 31-Jul-09 17:57:23

I love a good nosy on there too, and I know that your viewing history is private thank god but it seems that not everyone realises that so this stalker tool is a bit useless but a very good way to embarass people because it seems that some of them at least really believe it.

Idream - I've not so much as clicked these profiles in over a year! I'm guessing it just chucks up random suggestions??

Oh god, I feel about 14 for even thinking about ths grin

emboo1982 Fri 07-Aug-09 02:32:46

Don't worry this happened to me the other day with a friend I don't really like, i came up as here number 1 stalker and i was really upset, but i went on the app to check it out and it counts who you've had the most contact with, so if you click on like(which i'd done a couple of times out of politeness) it counts it.
It made me really sad, i'd only been friends with her for two weeks and i'd clicked her mayb 4x and i was her number 1! She spends lots of time on FB, lots of post and my 4 clicks got me 1st placesad
Also the app lets you check your other friends stalker lists, so if you don't like you ranking you can back off abit, hopefully dropping down a peg or two b4 your friend finds the app. grin

sheepgomeep Mon 10-Aug-09 22:38:49

what does being tagged mean?

AnarchyAunt Mon 10-Aug-09 22:42:12

Just block it and get on with using FB the way you want to.

I block all the applications when they come up on my page, and hide all the bloody quizzes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now