Talk

Advanced search

Limiting my profile

(7 Posts)
ChipIn Sun 08-Oct-17 08:51:42

I’m at a point where I’m a bit over Facebook. I don’t want to deactivate my account completely because I manage the work page so still need access to it.

Is there a way to limit my profile and make it so private that even friends can only see it like non-friends? I.e. can only see my current profile pic, can’t access my photos or see my timeline?

Thanks smile

LadyFlumpalot Sun 08-Oct-17 08:53:44

I don’t think so, but, you could always make a new profile, like the page, hand over admin control of the page to the new profile and delete the old one? Just don’t accept any friend requests to the new one and there you are.

ChipIn Sun 08-Oct-17 08:56:01

That’s a good point, but it just occurred to me I get a lot of events through Facebook too so it’d help to still have my actual profile.

Newdad19 Sun 08-Oct-17 09:02:53

Yeh there is, when you go into the privacy options for each functionality (timeline posts, photos etc) then when you select the audience you change it to "only me" for everything you listed. Will be a bit tike consuming though.

LoveNunxxx Sun 08-Oct-17 09:10:07

im doing this too, OP. Also ditching smartphone. Just bought my favourite old skool phone ever on Ebay. There's a world out there and IM not seeing it while i fanny about online.

PaleMoonRising Sun 08-Oct-17 09:19:26

Put your friends in the restricted list, they will only see public posts then (so nothing basically)

ChipIn Sun 08-Oct-17 10:15:58

Newdad19 and palemoon good ideas - thank you!
Lovenun good for you but probably a step further than I’m ready for!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now