Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

If I block someone what can they see

(10 Posts)
KrsJd Tue 23-May-17 13:31:12

Hi!

I have blocked a group of people from being able to view my Facebook profile. However a sibling is still Facebook friends as are a couple of other family members. If said sibling/family member were to like or comment on something I posted, presumably I'm right in thinking the blocked people definitely cannot see it?

CwtchMeQuick Tue 23-May-17 13:35:14

If you block someone they can't see anything of yours, not even that you have a profile.

ew1990 Tue 23-May-17 13:35:56

No they can't, can't see anything, if they were to search for you on Facebook you wouldn't come up x

KrsJd Tue 23-May-17 13:37:12

Thanks that's really helpful, makes me a bit paranoid because I know it pops up on news feeds if we just weren't Facebook friends but good to know it won't happen when blocked! Thanks again grin

user14809fhfdgg Tue 23-May-17 13:42:02

Bit if your sister was to write a post about you and tag you in it your name will come up just not in bold. It will be your full name too so it's obvious it's a tag x

KrsJd Tue 23-May-17 13:48:23

@user14809fhfdgg thank you, yeah that's not too much of an issue and I'm not concerned about them finding out they're blocked as I'm sure they're well aware. I just want to make sure certain people don't find out details of my baby when I have it later this year. I've asked others don't post online without permission but I keep my friends list small and intimate so I want to make sure when we announce it as we intend to that I can do so without those people being able to view it.

user14809fhfdgg Tue 23-May-17 14:12:50

If you post or add a pic check that there isn't the world icon on your post. X

kingjofferyworksintescos Tue 23-May-17 19:11:20

Do you have to be friends first to be able to block someone ?

KrsJd Tue 23-May-17 20:58:53

@kingjofferyworksintescos nah managed to search them all by name and block, fortunately!

@user14809fhfdgg thanks for all your help!

rowtheboats Tue 10-Oct-17 12:50:51

That's actually not true anymore. For example, I blocked someone and I can still see their comment but when clicking on their name it says something like 'page cannot be found'

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now