Talk

Advanced search

Facebook posts

(4 Posts)
PurpleTango Thu 04-Aug-16 20:06:36

How can I change my settings to make sure all my FB friends see my posts? Lately I have been receiving likes and posts from friends who I have unfollowed or are in my restricted friends list. It seems my posts no longer appear on my main friends timelines

pegomassive1 Thu 04-Aug-16 20:14:14

Sounds like all your friends DO see your posts that's why those who you have unfollowed or are not restricted can see. Just because you have unfollowed them doesn't mean they have unfollowed you if you see what I mean. You just can't see THEIR posts.
The best thing to do would be to make a group of friends such as "family" put everyone who you want to see things in there and when you post something there is an option as to "who can see this post"

So how to do this
You'll need to manually move all the people you want to see your posts in a new group and you do this by going on their page. Holding down the 'friends' image and a drop list should appear. Here you can move people onto certain groups.

Then when you make a post there is a drop down which is automatically at "friends" meaning everyone who you are friends with can see this. Go to the drop down and change it to whatever group it is that you want to use.
I've attached an image as an example of the Friends drop down
Hth

PurpleTango Thu 04-Aug-16 20:52:22

Thank you Il try that. I posted something today and 4 of my friends were with me. I was waiting for a reaction from them but no reaction came. A few people who I have restricted (plus some who I have unfollowed and have not interacted with for ages) started to like and comment on my post. After about an hour I asked my friends who were with me to check their fb page. My post had not shown on any of their timelines.

LittleBearPad Fri 30-Sep-16 11:04:28

Um if they were with you why would they have reacted in facebook?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now