Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

i am addicted to facebook

(15 Posts)
scrogmog Fri 24-Jun-16 21:44:52

I don't mean in a flippant way, i mean akin to alcoholism. I wake and can't get out of bed till i've looked. I'm on it ever spare minute of the day and in bed at night. I get anxious and fidgety if i don't look. Its a nightmare for me. I can bot quit! I've deactivated loads of times but i can't right now as i need messenger to arrange a show i'm doing. I am teying to do a 99 days free challenge right now but i keep logging on in browser! Anyone else struggle with this?

Hislopssloppyseconds Fri 24-Jun-16 21:50:12

No, I left in August & I have never looked at it since. Best thing I ever did. House is cleaner & my mind is clearer!

Parsley1234 Fri 24-Jun-16 21:55:41

I am like this I go between Facebook mumsnet Mail online - my mind is turning to mush I cannot concentrate to read a book I am so bored but lack impetus to change its not good. I'm going on a retreat in turkey in August I'm hoping to kick the habit then.

Nobloodynamesleft Fri 24-Jun-16 21:55:45

Cold turkey. You can still use messenger.

scrogmog Fri 24-Jun-16 22:02:04

My mind is going to mush too! My memories terrible, i zone out, i get brain fog, i ignore the kids and hubby, its awful!

scrogmog Fri 24-Jun-16 22:04:03

I can't go cold turkey. Thats the thing. I'm doing 2 courses and a show that ate all being organised through fb. I home educate and 99% of home ed meets are arranged on fb. Its become so ingrained that everybody uses it. Does my nut in.

Maverick66 Fri 24-Jun-16 22:05:38

Parsley I think I'm your twin wink

Parsley1234 Fri 24-Jun-16 22:05:50

Hmmmm sounds familiar I'm hoping someone comes on here to give me hope of quitting for good - for me it fills up my time it stops me fealing lonely and stops me thinking when in reality I'm bored, lonely fed up and makes me lazy to change.

Parsley1234 Fri 24-Jun-16 22:06:52

Maverick now that wd be nice grinlol well hopefully a helpful twin lol

Parsley1234 Fri 24-Jun-16 22:11:05

Being honest now for my own purpose : Facebook makes me sometimes feal resentful, avaricious, jealous, superior, judgemental, sometimes happy when I see positive things but jeez most of it is shit for me , mumsnet makes me feal happy, sad superior, jealous, shocked and fills up a lot of time that makes me stop thinking about things like being lonely and what I need to do with my life and what I did before social media - anyone else ?

scrogmog Fri 24-Jun-16 22:28:19

All of that. When i have quit before i've done more reading, tidying the house, drawing, crafts, sewing and generally been alot happier. Yet i keep on going back! Arghhh

user1466795981 Fri 24-Jun-16 22:33:36

@Hislopssloppyseconds - I quit two months ago and don't miss it at all - makes me wish I'd quit sooner. In 2010 - I'd have also described myself as an addict - Back then I was on it 24/7!!

Nobloodynamesleft Sat 25-Jun-16 07:32:16

I think I've figured out that it's actually about quitting my phone. I don't get enjoyment from films or TV etc as I'm on my phone at the same time. The kids are irritating as they interrupt me on my phone etc etc. I need to set limits, cos it's OK to read on my phone, just not have it to hand all the time.

Parsley1234 Sat 25-Jun-16 07:53:26

Yes my phone you're right no bloody ! It is my phone and my mini tablet and when (note I said when) I quit them filling that time. Smart phones are not smart for me I can't believe I've allowed this to happen its crept up on me over 18 months

Hislopssloppyseconds Sat 25-Jun-16 08:22:55

Delete your f.b account.
Open a new account & just add the pages you need for school/groups.

I try to only go on my phone to read news/mumsnet when children are in bed asleep. I quite look forward to it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now