Talk

Advanced search

Active on FB

(8 Posts)
Amee Fri 05-Feb-16 14:33:23

Is there a way to hide if you are "active" on FB? If I am on FB, sometimes I don't want to answer PM's there and then and FB friends wonder I am not answering back straight away if they can see I have been "active" under messages! Does this make sense?

MyDogStinks Fri 05-Feb-16 14:46:11

Watching with interest...

pushingupthedaisies Fri 05-Feb-16 14:57:08

I don't have facebook atm, deactivated it.

But when i did if i got a private mesage i looked at it on my email, where i got a notification and the message to my email address. so then they dont know ive read it through my email.

doodlebops Fri 05-Feb-16 15:18:38

Also interested to know this, if I turn my chat off is that enough for people not to see? Even when mine is turned of I can still see when friends were last active.
I hate that you can also see on messenger as I almost never reply straight away!

Hassled Fri 05-Feb-16 15:24:47

I have chat permanently off, and as I can't see when anyone else is active I've always presumed that they also can't see when I'm active.

AskYaDad Fri 05-Feb-16 16:51:31

I think 'pushingupthedaisies' idea to read the email version is something I'm going to use from now on. I check FB several times a day for catching up but I also do a lot of competitions, not much luck but live in hope. I would think that if chat is off, as suggested by 'Hassled', then I would also presume that no one can see I'm active. If anyone knows different, please let us know.

PS: best FB competition today is RainbowTrugs Friday freebie

Amee Fri 05-Feb-16 17:42:23

OK, so I have chat turned off on the computer version of FB. But on the messenger app on my phone, you can still see activity. I can't see an option to turn off chat. Is the only option to delete the messenger app?

JennyOnAPlate Fri 05-Feb-16 17:44:45

I played around for ages trying to do this and pretty much concluded that the only way to do it is to delete messenger. I'm hoping someone will come along and correct me though!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now