Talk

Advanced search

Can I restrict getting photos from a good friend?

(4 Posts)
justgoandgetalife Sun 20-Dec-15 14:17:18

I am in a pretty poor place emotionally/relationship-wise right now and feeling a bit sensitive [menopause mood swings and depression don't help]. My BF is on holiday somewhere exotic and beautiful for Xmas, with her lovely family. Whilst of course, I'm delighted for her that she can have such a nice time [and actually, I am considering planning similar in a year or so], I am feeling a bit over-sensitive ATM and seeing all her numerous photos of them all visiting blue lagoons, eating at fancy restaurants and having massages is just upsetting me. It's a seemingly constant barrage and posting photos at every move!

TBH in principle, I would actually rather look through her photos with her and a glass of wine, once she comes home, instead of the constant fb-in-yer-face "look at the lovely time I'm having while you lot are mouldering in the UK" thing. There will be nothing to share with her when she gets home as I'll have seen it all already via the constant FB-ing.

Is there a way to restrict just the photos, so that I can look at them when I want to, not when she posts them? It's a self-protection thing as it's not that I don't want to share her happiness, just not right this minute iyswim!

ThreenageMutantWhingerTurtle Sun 20-Dec-15 14:19:32

Go to her profile and click on 'unfollow' then nothing she posts will show up in your news feed.

AnchorDownDeepBreath Sun 20-Dec-15 14:19:41

No, you can't restrict just photos. You could mark the content as "I don't want to see this", but this is likely to tell Facebook's algorithm that you don't want to see any posts from her or any holiday photos, and it's difficult to reverse.

If I were you, I'd just unfollow her until she's home. You can do that by clicking "liked" on her profile. Then you can still see her posts on her wall, if you feel like looking, but they won't show in your newsfeed. You can also follow her again when she's back and posting about something else.

Trills Sun 20-Dec-15 14:20:31

Yes!

Find a picture from her in your News Feed.

Go to the top right and find a pointy-down arrow to click.

Unfollow.

Stuff from this person will no longer show up unless you go seek it out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now