Talk

Advanced search

How to stop a friend seeing my posts from now on?

(7 Posts)
MamOfTwo Thu 06-Aug-15 20:38:57

I have fallen out with a friend (in a British passive aggressive type way!) so I want to stop her seeing any future FB statuses I post but I don't want to Unfriend her. How do I do this? I don't want to add her to the Restricted list as that says she would only see Public statuses and I want to keep all my statuses to Friends only.

Janek Thu 06-Aug-15 20:46:35

On my ipad app, when you go to write a status you can choose at the top who sees it - the default is 'friends', but you can also click 'friends except...' and click on your ex-friend's name there. I think this then becomes the default, so you wouldn't need to do it every time, but do check that.

chocolateyy Thu 06-Aug-15 20:49:31

When you write a status, there is a button to the left of the "post" button, which will be showing as "friends".

This is how you control who sees your posts.

Click on it, and select "More Options" at the bottom, then select "custom", then the 2nd option is "don't share this post with", type in your friend's name.

Then, every status will be this way, until you revert back to "only friends".

To check, when you type a status, this button will show "custom" rather than the usual "friends".

reddaisy Thu 06-Aug-15 20:51:00

I think they can still see posts/photos you are tagged in by using the method outlined by previous posters.

Janek Thu 06-Aug-15 20:54:01

Yes they will be able to.

In fact even if you unfriend and block them, if a mutual friend tags you in a post or photo your name will still come up, although not as a tag/link.

LibrariesGaveUsPower Thu 06-Aug-15 21:06:23

I have a while pile of people as acquaintances and then most of my posts are 'friends except acquaintances' with the odd Merry Christmas type one going to all.

MamOfTwo Thu 06-Aug-15 22:32:32

Thanks, all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now