Talk

Advanced search

Relationship status issues

(4 Posts)
ProfessorPickles Thu 20-Nov-14 10:05:48

Hello, I recently entered a new relationship and wanted to update my relationship status so I didn't have to tell family and friends individually.
It has updated to say I am in a relationship but it hasn't created a post that will come up on anyone's timeline, you'd have to actually click on my profile to see it.
Does facebook not do this anymore? I know you can add a life event but I didn't want to do that I just thought facebook would make the announcement for me!
Also, could it be to do with updating it on my mobile?

Thanks!

ScrambledEggAndToast Thu 20-Nov-14 10:07:35

No offence, but why does it matter so much? Can't you just get on with enjoying your new relationship and people find out in their own time. The people that you see daily will know and acquaintances will get to know over time. I don't get this whole "it's only official when it's on FB" thing.

ProfessorPickles Thu 20-Nov-14 10:11:40

No offence taken, the reason I wanted to was so I didn't have to tell everyone individually as I have a lot of family and friends that although we are close we don't get chance to meet up or speak often as they live far away and wanted to let them know!
It would feel a bit weird to message them personally to tell them about her.

I just remember used to put a "so and so is in a relationship with so and so" which was nice and simple but now it hasn't happened!

AlexCloverandSam Wed 21-Oct-15 19:16:25

It's a 'life event'. It will appear in your Friends's newsfeeds even if you can't see it in your's.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now