Talk

Advanced search

Flaky friend's SUs

(9 Posts)
Curiousmama Mon 03-Oct-11 22:30:38

I have a very flaky friend who tbh I'm distancing myself from. I don't live in the same town now which helps. Her whole life revolves around men, getting shagged and ermmm men. She has a gorg teenage dd who somehow has turned out stable? Her exdh is alchoholic and an all round arse who dcs don't have anything to do with.
Friend is embarassing to go out with tbh. Dances around, flirts, looks to see who's looking etc.. She's definitely not a woman's woman.
Anyway her SUs are very odd at times. Today they were all positive cos she's started a job. Quite fluffy updates. Then tonight it's all woe is me, what's the point? he hasn't been in touch since Sunday (ermm it's only monday) etc.. Saying how bad she feels inside. She usually says she may as well die if ever confronted with her behaviour. I've given up but another friend has run in's which are so draining. Been there got T shirt.
Tonight I almost begged her to remove her SU as her dd will read it. She said she always thinks of her dd hmm total crap but hey ho. So there's a good chance her dd will read it tomorrow? Hopefully she'll be too busy reading about real teenagers SU not someone of 50 who acts younger than they do?

I know I probably sound heartless but I've had years of it and I've had enough. I only stay in touch for her dd's sake.

Feel better now I've ranted. I told her to do it privately and go to the GP but she won't.

Curiousmama Tue 04-Oct-11 10:12:01

I've hidden her now and added her dd. That way I'm there for the dd and don't have to get stressed about her SUs.

sloggies Tue 04-Oct-11 17:34:10

Sounds like you did the right thing. Btw, i did this recently with someone for sort of similar reasons, but although I am spared the su's, the same is not true when she posts on another of my friends posts. So I am still subject to 'me me me' posts on other people's stuff. At the risk of hi-jacking, can I do something about this without actually de-friending her do you know? Seems a bit drastic, but might have to!

Curiousmama Tue 04-Oct-11 22:27:09

am sure you can? Think you can change your settings so only friends see your comments so probably can do the same with others comments? Her dd added me to fb so that's good smile

sloggies Wed 05-Oct-11 09:30:46

Thanks. Wil give it a go.

Curiousmama Thu 06-Oct-11 13:33:13

a lot's kicked off this week with her re: her dd so much so that threatened to get SS involved again. Scared her and she's bucked her ideas up for now. Plus made an appointment with the GP smile

sloggies Thu 06-Oct-11 15:49:07

That sounds like an improvement, and its good than you can keep an eye, as it were.

Curiousmama Thu 06-Oct-11 21:15:58

thanks yes it is. She's running scared now wink hopefully it'll be of benefit to her dd?

sloggies Fri 07-Oct-11 08:34:54

Sounds like it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now