Talk

Advanced search

How childish is this???

(5 Posts)
Thefoxsbrush Sat 01-Oct-11 22:48:55

I held a coffee morning for Macmillan today. Posted it on fb. A few friends commented saying good luck ect... One friend who couldn't attend asked me how to donate so I replied saying thanks v much, here's how....

Anyway, another friend who is currently abroad on hol pm'd me tonight asking me why I was being funny with her? I asked her what shd was talking about and She said well you replied to ***'s comment on fb but not mine? How ridiculous foes that sound? She is in a 5 star resort on hol and should have better things to do! Her comment didn't even warrant a reply!!! I just find it so petty!!!!

MrsJasonBourne Sat 01-Oct-11 23:11:06

Yup, strange. Is she having a bit of a shit holiday perhaps? Desperate for some communication from home?

Just say sorry but I honestly didn't expect to hear from you! Then steer a bit clear of her in future, she doesn't sound like a particularly reliable friend if she can talk to you like that.

Thefoxsbrush Sat 01-Oct-11 23:16:52

I don't know if she's having a shit hol tbh, I didn't even realise she was checking fb?? Perhaps she's just feeling a bit left out? Thing is, we are lifelong close-ish friends but crack's have been showing in our friendship for a while. She doesn't seem to have moved on from what our friendship was like in our school years at all.

MrsJasonBourne Sat 01-Oct-11 23:40:54

Sometimes you do kind of drift away from people. I'd say this is probably about that time. Just take a bit of a step back from the relationship and guage the reaction.

Meteorite Mon 03-Oct-11 15:47:06

Tell her that you were pleased to receive her message and you just responded to the other one because they asked you a question.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now