Talk

Advanced search

What does it mean when you have 'blocked someone'?

(5 Posts)
ilovecats Tue 13-Sep-11 10:46:18

After a long period I have decided to go back on faceboook, to catch up with some friends etc. If I block a particular person on my friend list, will they not be able to see my profile at all, pretty much the same as when I have a deactivated account? Will I still be able to look at them? Will they be able to see my comments or photos on friend's walls?

fuzzywuzzy Tue 13-Sep-11 10:48:41

They won't be able to see you at all and you won't be able to see them. Even if you comment on a mutual friends post/picture/wall, the blocked person will not see your comment and the same for you with the blocked person.

EllaWilk Tue 13-Sep-11 10:49:41

They won't be able to see your profile at all and you won't be able to look at them. Im not 100% sure but I think that they can't see your photos/comments on friends walls either.

ilovecats Tue 13-Sep-11 10:53:09

Thanks!! They are still in my friends list though and I can look at them? Would they not have to block me too so I can't look at them? But I guess if they cannot see me, they can't do that?

Malcontentinthemiddle Tue 13-Sep-11 10:55:08

I think you need to decide what you want here - if that person is so annoying that you don't want them to see you exist at all on there, are you going to get any benefit from looking at their stuff?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now